Monday 26 September 2011

Morocco: Visit 2011

My experiences of Morocco will live with me forever. It was my first ever trip to Africa in April this year and although 6 days maybe wasn't enough to do it justice, in that short time, the range of landscapes, people, meals and activites we took part in were superb! I made many new friends from Kett College, who made me feel very welcome when it came to room sharing! The trip started in the city of Marrakech whereby we spent a couple of days visiting the 'sights' of this urbanised land. Culture and history are very much prominant, though the outskirts are no stranger to re-development with large scale recreation facilities such as a golf course! Yes- golf out there! Our landward trip took us through the more rural areas of the country aswell; the Atlas Mountains becoming very much a non-stop photo opportunity. I do remember only feeling cold once and that was one lunchtime as we stopped off for a light bite on a plateau of this landscape. Otherwise, the weather was as expected: high 30s and early 40s, especially on the two day 'desert' journey we took: on camels! Despite pain, I managed two days on a camel! I said to Jim, our teacher, that the trip had encompassed perhaps all of the Geography syllabus, and even now, it's difficult to think of an area of the spec it didn't cover! A truly amazing trip and I will definately visit again!

No comments:

Post a Comment