Sunday 25 September 2011

Scholarship opportunity: UPDATE

The Royal Geographic Society, with whom I am a member of, is offering a limited number of Gap Year Field-work scholarships aimed for post college students. I learnt of this from my old Geography teacher at Flegg High School many months ago and for the last few months, I have been writing my application. A long drawn out task, I have to say! Most of form asks why you think it would be important to you, how it would change your life...etc. The grant awarded is somewhere within the £4000 mark and you can go anywhere and do almost anything alongside experts who have studied that particular branch of study for years! The aim is to do at least 6 months data collecting and studying and then to return back to the lab in England and write up a scientific paper before going to university. The skills from such an oppotunity are endless and I really do hope I am accepted . The closing deadline for applications is the end of the month and I'm currently awaiting the 'teacher nomination form' from my old Geography teacher. The applicants successful will be shortlisted and interviews will take place later on in the year in London. Wish me luck!!

Click here to learn more about the scholarship

1 comment: