Wednesday 9 November 2011

Exciting News!!

Many of you know that this year I had been working hard in applying for a Gap Year Scholarship from the Royal Geographical Society and about a week back, I received an email saying I had been shortlisted and I was invited to attend an interview on Tuesday 8th (yesterday). Well, despite train chaos, a 3 hour delay and a battle with cancelled underground services, I finally made it to the interview, held at the RGS Headquarters, in Kensington.

Well...I can now announce that I have been successful in obtaining a scholarship from the society who will now work with me this next year in refining some of the gap years details!!

I can't believe it, to be honest. I never thought that something I've wanted so much has actually worked out. My many thanks to Lee Childs, my Geography teacher from Flegg who has given me so much of his time and effort in helping me apply, and to those who have wished me luck and given me so much support over the last week.

I will of course update you on my developments here on this blog!

One of the best days of my life so far!

2 comments:

  1. Well done Dan,
    you really do deserve it mate it after all your hard work.
    we'll continue to support you 100% and will of course continue to enjoy driving you around wherever your "geography" may take you.
    we're so very proud of you.
    luvmum&dadx

    ReplyDelete