Friday 18 January 2013

Public Speaking Programme- Launched

No more than a week of being back in my home county of Norfolk, I have become re-acquainted with so many of my passions; the traditional British public house, the 'green and pleasant' land of the English countryside (though currently white and crisp) and the familiar traits of country living such as an over-exaggerated emphasis on the weather, narrow single-lane roads, and the unmistakable presence of a farm-yard aroma. I have become engaged deeply in the re-discovering of the British traffic light system, public phone boxes, village post offices and council estates.

Yesterday, I got back into one of my much loved activities: public speaking. This week, I have launched my country-wide speaking programme, which will see me, over the next few months, travelling the length and breadth of England to deliver my reflections on what was a truly memorable journey in America.  However, I started yesterday close to home, offering remarks to two Rotary Clubs. I dined with the Lowestoft Rotary at the Parkhill Hotel at lunchtime, enjoyed what was a splendid Steak and Kidney Pie, and then gastronomically fulfilled was invited to the floor to address a warm audience of 46 Rotarians. Later in the evening, I dined with the Norwich Centenary Rotary Club at the Oasis Leisure Centre, relished a fine fish course and then proceeded on with the talk.
 
With two speeches under my belt already, I feel back at home and look forward to the many more that are scheduled for the next few months.
If you would like to book Daniel to speak to your club or group, then please do not hesitate to email: daniel.evans994@yahoo.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment