Sunday 7 April 2013

Geographical Association Conference: 2013

Over the last couple of days, it's been truly a geographer's heaven. I've been enveloped in most probably the highest concentration of Geography the U.K experiences, and it only takes place on one weekend of a year. I'm referring to the annual Geographical Association Conference, hosted this year at Derby University. I spent a couple of days mingling with the likes of Dr Rita Gardner CBE (Director of the Royal Geographical Society) and Bob Digby (President of the Geographical Association.) It was an honour to experience a lecture by Terry Callaghan (Distinguished Research Professor and Nobel Peace Prize winner.) I learnt a great deal about the work that is currently taking place in and around the country, and indeed farther afield, and over the next two weeks, on Geography With Dan, I plan to share some of my findings with you. Keep returning over the next couple of weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment